As of 01 January 2022, unless you have a valid medical exemption, I will require all attending clients to be fully (double) vaccinated against COVID19. I am. And so is all my household.
Just as I will do, I request that if you are experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms that you DO NOT attend my practice. Please let me know as soon as possible so that I can reschedule your booking. Late cancellation fees will be waived if you develop symptoms within the late cancellation period.
For those able to continue to attend, here are the 10 steps recommended by DHHS.
Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication, ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don’t wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot.
- Shaking hands please avoid if possible!
I’ll be maintaining my usual hygiene practices with my equipment and hand washing and will provide hand sanitiser for you to use as you come into my practice.
Additional updates will be given as needed, otherwise for up to date information please go to Tasmanian Public Health Hotline
Your help in keeping everyone safe & healthy is appreciated! If you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
Do I need a referral?
You do not need a referral. However, if you have been referred, please bring your referral letter and any medical letters, reports, X-rays or imaging that relate to your condition.
Where do I park?
There is free parking available on the street.
Please walk up the driveway — the studio entrance is behind the house
How do I pay?
Payment is required on the day of your appointment.
I provide EFTPOS and HICAPS facilities so payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card.
If you have private health insurance and bring your card, you will be able to use your private health rebate toward the payment on the day
How long are appointments
- Initial professional assessment and consultation (about 60 minutes)
This will determine the best mix of Physiotherapy and Alexander Technique for you
- Ongoing professional consultations (about 50 minutes)
This will allow us to implement, progress and fine tune our agreed plan
If you are not sure if you will benefit from this approach, you can take advantage of a short, 15 minute consultation ($50) to discuss your needs and see if a full assessment is appropriate for you or not.
How many appointments will I need?
Some clients will only require one or two appointments to address their issue.
For clients with a long or complex history requiring rehabilitation a number of appointments may be needed. I will discuss your individual circumstances with you, so we can come up with the most appropriate mix of home management and consultations with me.
If we encounter a problem that requires further investigation or treatment outside of my area of competency, of course I will let you know immediately and we can discuss your options.